Our Miracle Foot Support Device
Our Miracle Foot Device was invented for podiatrists in 1932 by California entrepreneur, J.W. Zinke (the founder of Zinke Shoe Repair) as an affordable, customizable foot support device for podiatrists, physicians and the medical community. Our "Miracle Foot Support" device was developed with a conscious commitment to providing high quality foot care products and unparalleled customer service directly to physicians. This focus on both quality and service has been the center of our business model from the beginning.
J.W. Zinke, circa 1954
We bridge the gap between custom orthotics and flimsy store bought rubber insoles with our Original Molded Foot Support Device. Most store purchased inserts, or insoles, are fabricated from simple cellular sponge and/or foam rubber materials. These inserts may provide some shock absorption, but minimal (if any) therapeutic control and support. Our pre-molded devices can be personalized to fit any patient's foot in just seconds by simply dipping in hot water and fitting to a patient's foot. It's that simple.
The foot is held in a natural position to cushion heel, arch, instep and metatarsal joints. Our device helps prevent heel roll, and provides better posture while providing better weight distribution. As a result, our device helps control abnormal foot motion, especially excessive pronation. This motion, over extended periods, can lead to the development of conditions which include Achilles tendinitis, heel spurs, plantar fasciitis (heel and arch pain), shin splints and lower back pain. Our product is superior to orthotic inserts which are pre molded and mass produced by size only. Our device simplifies patient foot care by simplifying the fitting process:
- Immerse our orthotic device in boiling water for 15 seconds.
- Allow to cool until comfortable to the touch. (Approximately 30 seconds).
- Place the orthotic device in position beneath the foot, then using your fingers and the heel of your hand, mold the device to the contours of the patients' foot, paying particular attention to the longitudinal and metatarsal arch areas.
- When the orthotic device has cooled to room temperature, it is then ready to be placed in the patients shoe and worn.
- If the device becomes uncomfortable, dip only the troublesome portion in boiling water and repeat manipulation by hand.
- When reheated, the device will return to its original shape and can be remolded.
- Our orthotic device may also be used as a basic shell which can be altered, extended or imposed upon as needed. Leather, cork or foam rubber may be added by using barge cement.
Cal Orthotic branded products are manufactured by Cal Leather Company Corporation for Podiatrists & Physicians. If you have any comments or questions regarding any of our products, please contact us by phone at 1-800-672-4987 Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm PST, by fax at 1-818-242-4375, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete our online form.